- Shivani Singh
TOP 10 BIKES UNDER 2 LAKHs (2 hundred thousand) – india
By now, you all must be aware of the fact that I have a travelling bug but do you know that I am a bike lover too? Yes! You heard it right. My passion for motorcycles has been a huge obsession since my Dad brought a Royal Enfield popularly known as “bullet” when I was in college. At that time, I couldn’t ride it as my parents gave too much importance to my safety which was fair, I guess but that was the time when I promised myself that I am going to own a bike of my own one day. So, here I am with my favorite bike, “Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES”. I haven’t been on a long solo trip on it yet but I am planning for that soon. The feeling when you ride a bike is the best feeling in the world. You feel like you are unstoppable. The breeze you feel on your face makes you forget all your problems.
Before buying a bike, I did some research as my budget was under 2 lakh and my research brought me up with a list of the best 10 bikes under 2 lakh which I would love to share with you:
Jawa 42: Jawa 42 is a cruiser bike available at an ex-showroom price of Rs.1,65,587 in India. It is powered by a 293 cc BS6 engine with a power of 27 bhp and a torque of 29.05 Nm. It gives a mileage of 35 kmpl. This bike has a kerb weight of 172 kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 14 liters. It is a combination of modern tech with classic looks and a twist of retro. It is basically for those who want to experience an old-school vibe in a modern approach.
2. Royal Enfield Classic 350: The Royal Enfield Classic 350 is the most popular model which has seen some advancements in its dated design. It has an engine of 346 cc. This bike gives a mileage of 41.93 kmpl and weighs 195 kg. It has a power of 19.36 PS @ 5250 rpm and torque of 28 Nm @ 4000 rpm. It is available at an ex-showroom price of Rs.1,79,782. The front and rear suspensions of the classic 350 are outstanding and it offers you a comfortable ride on potholes and bumpy roads.
3. KTM RC125: KTM RC 125 is a sporty bike which shares its bodywork with the larger KTM RC 200 and RC 390. It offers the most advanced 125 cc engine and has a power of 14.5 PS @ 9250 rpm and a torque of 12 Nm @ 8000 rpm. It gives a mileage of 44.95 kmpl and comes at an ex-showroom price tag of Rs.1,80,538 in India. It has a fuel tank capacit\y of 9.5 litres and weighs 164.4 kg.
4. Royal Enfield Meteor 350: Royal Enfield meteor 350 is a cruiser bike which is powered by a 349 cc BS6 motor and is available at an ex-showroom price of Rs.1,83,589 in India. It has a power of 20.2 bhp and a torque of 27 Nm. The Meteor 350 bike has a fuel capacity of 15 litres and weighs 191 kg. It gives a mileage of 25 kmpl in the city and 35 kmpl on the highways.
5. Honda H’ness CB 350: Honda H’ness CB 350 is a cafe racer and is available at a price of 1,89,026 (Ex-showroom) in India. It is powered by a 348.36 cc BS6 motor which produces a power of 0.5 bhp @ 5500 rpm and a torque of 30Nm @ 3000 rpm. This bike has a fuel tank capacity of 15 litres and weighs 181 kg. It gives a mileage of 35 kmpl.
6. Suzuki Gixxer 250: Suzuki Gixxer 250 is a street bike which is powered by a 249 cc BS6 engine. It produces a power of 26.1 bhp @ 9300 rpm and a torque of 22.2 Nm @ 7300 rpm. This bike gives a mileage of 35 kmpl and is available at an ex-showroom price of Rs.1,69,956 in India. It has a fuel tank capacity of 12 litres and weighs 156 kg.
7. Yamaha YZF R15 V3: Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is available at an ex-showroom price starting at Rs.1,54,600 and goes up to Rs. 1,56,600. This bike is powered by a 155 cc engine which produces a power of 18.6 PS @ 10,000 rpm and a torque of 14.1 Nm @ 8500 rpm. It gives a mileage of 48.75 kmpl and has a fuel capacity of 11 litres. This bike is not good for daily commuting as leaning for hours will make your back ache. It is basically a track friendly bike.
8. TVS Apache RTR 200 4V: TVS Apache RTR 200 4V is a great city bike which is available starting at a price of Rs. 1,33,065 (Ex-showroom) and goes upto Rs. 1,38115 (Ex-showroom). It is powered by a 197.7 cc engine which produces a power of 20.82PS and 17.25Nm in sport mode. In rain and on urban roads, it produces 17.32PS @ 7800 rpm and 16.51 Nm @ 5750 rpm. This bike has a fuel capacity of 12 litres and weighs 152 kg. It gives a mileage of 37 kmpl.
9. Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220: Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 is a great touring bike and is available at a price of Rs. 1,31,942. It is powered by a 220cc engine which produces a power of 19.03PS and a torque of 17.55Nm. It weighs 163 kg and has a fuel capacity of 13 litres. It gives a mileage of 40 kmpl.
10. Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ES is a great daily commuting bike which comes at a starting price of Rs. 1,38,726 and goes upto Rs. 1,60,493. It is powered by a 346 cc engine which produces a power of 19.3 PS and a torque of 28Nm. It has a fuel capacity of 13.5 litres and weighs 191 kg. It gives a mileage of around 35kmpl.
Hope this helps you in your own research if you are planning to buy a bike in the near future. I will see you on the road once the Covid-19 situation calms down 🙂
#bikes #bestbikesunder2lakh #shivanisinghtravelblogger #whimsthatwoo #travelbloggerfromIndia #shivanisingh #Whimsthatwoo #travelblog #travelblogger #Travel #travelblog #TOP10BIKESUNDER2LAKHSINDIA